LEBANON, Tennis – – WHAT A NIGHT For the Ball State gymnastics program, she set information on vault (49.250) and beam (49.350). PROGRAM RECORD 196,550 crew rating Friday evening on the Tennessee Collegiate Basic.
“Tonight’s outcomes proceed to spice up our crew’s confidence,” mentioned the top coach Joanna Saleem he mentioned. “They’ve carried out nicely within the fitness center and so long as they will are available in and keep targeted and stick collectively, they will do wonderful issues as a crew.”
In entrance of an enthusiastic crowd on the Farm Bureau Expo Middle, the Cardinals (6-4) posted back-to-back wins over Fisk (190,025), Kent State (195,925), Lindenwood (196,175) and Southeast Missouri (196,175). 195,350).
“The perfect factor about tonight is that they are not carried out but,” Saleem mentioned. “Our crew is hungry and able to get after it on Sunday. The trouble tonight was nice, but it surely’s extra concerning the efficiency. They only must proceed to carry out with the gymnastics they confirmed tonight.”
Staff information weren’t the one factor damaged through the meet, which noticed the Cardinals rating seven particular person scores of 9.900 or greater. These factors embrace a PROGRAM RECORD 9,950 in bars Megan Teter and a CLOSING THE PROGRAM RECORD 9,950 from the ground Suki Pfister. Each profession finest efforts.
Along with, Taylor Waldo and Grace Evans closed PROGRAM RECORD on beam, including 9.925 factors.
“We’re trying actually sharp,” Saleem mentioned of all of the excessive costs. “They’re hungry they usually take note of element. We have been speaking concerning the little issues they’ve missed. They hold coming in and dealing on it and breaking it. That tough work paid off tonight as a result of they got here out and turned in a wonderful, wonderful efficiency.”
Teter went on to mark the evening as BSU’s remaining competitor on flooring with a 9.900, whereas Pfister added her second 9.900 of the season on vault within the opening rotation.
Victoria Henry completed the evening with the second-best all-around rating in program historical past at 39.350. Alongside along with her career-best flooring rating of 9.925, these efforts included a 9.875 on chair and a 9.775 on bars and beam.
VIDEOS OF THE EVENTS:
Flip 1 – Vault (49,250 – PROGRAM NOTE):
– Megan Teter In her first huge efficiency of the evening for the Cardinals, she was BSU’s second-leading athlete with a season-best 9.825.
– First 12 months scholar Zoe Middleton The teenager adopted with a career-best vault with a 9.800.
– Suki Pfister She added her sixth profession mark of 9.900 or higher and led the Cardinals with a 9.900.
– Hannah Ruthberg Victory Henry completed with a career-best 9.850 and BSU’s season-best 9.875.
Flip 2 – Bars (49.125)
– Whereas it is not a program report, Ball State’s 49.125 rating is tied for the fifth-best meet efficiency on the crew’s all-time record.
– The street lead was a profession better of 9,950 and a program report Megan Teter.
– Grace Evans She added a season-best 9.850, whereas BSU tallied a 9.775 Grace Sumner, Zoe Middletonand Victoria Henry
Rotation 3 – Beam (49.350 – PROGRAM NOTE)
– Ball State’s second program began with a report occasion rating of the day Victoria Henry profession finest 9,775.
– Solely bought higher kind there, a profession better of 9.925 Grace Evans.
– BSU counted the very best of the season Grace Sumner (9,875), Hannah Ruthberg (9.825) and Lauren Volpe (9,800).
– Taylor Waldo A career-best 9.925 tied for the very best beam routine in program historical past, tying the occasion with the very best rating.
Flip 4 – Ground (48.825)
– Suki Pfister She continued to shine on the ground train, main the Cardinals with a career-best 9.950. The trouble is tied as the very best flooring rating in program historical past.
– Then a gymnast, Megan Teter Ball State’s report ended the day with a 9.900.
– Different flooring highlights embrace a season better of 9,875 Hannah RuthbergTogether with 9,925 Victoria Henry tied for the highest eight in program historical past.
– Victoria Henry completed the evening with the second-best all-around rating in program historical past with a 39.350.
– Together with a career-best flooring rating of 9.925, efforts included a 9.875 on vault and 9.775 on bars and beam.
Subsequent Time Out:
It is going to be a fast turnaround for the Ball State gymnastics program, which opens league play Sunday at Jap Michigan. The primary rotation will start at 1 p.m. and will likely be broadcast dwell on ESPN+.